What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini External Storage (i-Easy Drive)

rhyljace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have purchased one of these recently to expand my storage for my iPad as i travel away alot, but when i transfer a video onto the USB to playback on my iPad (supported format) it doesnt play.
Do you know why this is?
The odd thing is, is when i transfer direct to my iPad the file works fine.

Many Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have purchased one of these recently to expand my storage for my iPad as i travel away alot, but when i transfer a video onto the USB to playback on my iPad (supported format) it doesnt play.
Do you know why this is?

Many Thanks
Is the video an iTunes video? In order to play an iTunes video on the iPad it has to be downloaded to the internal storage. It won’t play from an external storage device. On the other hand, videos shot with the camera on the iPad will play fine from the external storage device.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you know why this is?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) SciFan.. has already suggested an issue, i.e. the type & source of the video - please provide that information, along w/ the iPad Mini model you own & the iOS version installed.

Streaming audio & video on an iPad from an attached or a 'wireless' device has always been a 'nebulous' endeavor, although improving. Let us know if your i-Easy Drive is the one shown below (first pic), and also if you are using the app (from the Apple App store - two are offered) shown in the second image - as is evident, both have received a lot of POOR reviews - read the comments at both sites - may help to leave a question on the Amazon Q & A.

Finally, tell us what your exact needs may be when traveling, e.g. streaming AV media, transferring photos, and/or other - might help us to provide alternate suggestions if you cannot get this current drive to work? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 5.36.46 PM.png
IMG_9840.PNG

OP
R

rhyljace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) SciFan.. has already suggested an issue, i.e. the type & source of the video - please provide that information, along w/ the iPad Mini model you own & the iOS version installed.

Streaming audio & video on an iPad from an attached or a 'wireless' device has always been a 'nebulous' endeavor, although improving. Let us know if your i-Easy Drive is the one shown below (first pic), and also if you are using the app (from the Apple App store - two are offered) shown in the second image - as is evident, both have received a lot of POOR reviews - read the comments at both sites - may help to leave a question on the Amazon Q & A.

Finally, tell us what your exact needs may be when traveling, e.g. streaming AV media, transferring photos, and/or other - might help us to provide alternate suggestions if you cannot get this current drive to work? Dave :)
View attachment 78945 View attachment 78946

Hello,
Thanks for the welcome!!!

The use is for viewing films/series that i have stored on my Laptop on my iPad without useing up the iPAd memory.

My iPad mini model is ...... MD528B/A

The odd thing is is that the some files will covert and play and the same files maybe on a different show wont work. Odd.

There is a function on the i-Easy drive that allows to move files from the USB to the iPad. This may also be beneficial but when i do this action, i cant find the file on y iPad, is there a programe that can be donloaded that will locate it?

Thanks again

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks for the welcome!!!

The use is for viewing films/series that i have stored on my Laptop on my iPad without useing up the iPAd memory.

My iPad mini model is ...... MD528B/A

The odd thing is is that the some files will covert and play and the same files maybe on a different show wont work. Odd.

There is a function on the i-Easy drive that allows to move files from the USB to the iPad. This may also be beneficial but when i do this action, i cant find the file on y iPad, is there a programe that can be donloaded that will locate it?............

Hello again - appears that you have the original iPad Mini (see pic below - LINK) - as requested before, please provide the iOS version installed - also, how much storage do you have in the device, i.e. GBs (16, 32, or 64)?

In addition, where are you obtaining these films & 'TV' series that are stored on you laptop, e.g. i-Tunes? Finally, not sure how closely your read my first post nor looked at the pics there - the second image is the app needed on your iPad to use the drive, i.e. you need to DL it from the Apple App store. Also, review the many negative comments on this drive and the app - just might not work for you? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 1.18.02 PM.png

OP
R

rhyljace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again - appears that you have the original iPad Mini (see pic below - LINK) - as requested before, please provide the iOS version installed - also, how much storage do you have in the device, i.e. GBs (16, 32, or 64)?

In addition, where are you obtaining these films & 'TV' series that are stored on you laptop, e.g. i-Tunes? Finally, not sure how closely your read my first post nor looked at the pics there - the second image is the app needed on your iPad to use the drive, i.e. you need to DL it from the Apple App store. Also, review the many negative comments on this drive and the app - just might not work for you? Dave :)
View attachment 78949

HEllo,
My iPad size is the 16gb with version 9.3.5 installed

There is a mixture of downloaded fom torrents and purchased from the net. Iver tried a mixture of these files on all different formats but some will work and some wont. strange.

Yes i am using the app, any others around?

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts