What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad mini dropping wifi and opening apple log in ?

rb213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all first post looking for any help with iPad Mini.
Worked fine last night then this morning wouldn't connect to WiFi. If I go to WiFi and click my network it connects then within 5 seconds drops connection and page opens from bottom of screen with http://www.Apple.com. I can cancel it but it happens every time.
I've tried resetting network restarting router a d iPad but nothing.
Any ideas what a going on as I'm stumped, it worked fine last night. Thanks in advance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what you did when you "reset the network", so here are a few suggestions:

Go to Settings - Wi-Fi, select the connection you're using and "Forget this Network" (at the top of the page). That done, set it up again.

Next thing to try would be "Reset Network Settings" in Settings - General - Reset. This will remove all the connections you've added. You'll have to set them up again afterwards.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try to "Reset all Settings" (Settings - General - Reset). This will set all the settings back to default. You'll need to go through the Settings app afterwards, to select your preferred settings.

Hope that helps.

OP
R

rb213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for replying. The network settings reset was the process I had tried. I did the forget network as you suggested and my husband found something online an out auto log in not sure what that is but he unticked the box and the combination of the two seems to have worked.
Will have to see how long it lasts. mystery why or how it happened.
Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts