What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Mini battery life

bellerophon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I searched and I couldn't find a battery life thread for the mini, so I figured I would start one. What is everyone's battery life? On par or better than Retina iPad? I used to own a Nexus 7 and the Mini beats that. My latest battery cycle is attached. It's pretty standard for the mini am I correct?

Attachments

• image-2976518275.jpg
    image-2976518275.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 496

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) In reading Apple's description of battery life (HERE), the three current models are described similarly, but I suspect the iPad w/ retina display (different processor & 4x the pixel resolution of the other two) would likely be more 'battery hungry'; BUT, your battery life is much more dependent on 'how' you will use the iPad (e.g. music, surfing, videos, intensive gaming, radios on, screen brightness, etc.) - if you REALLY want to know more specifics about your battery, especially relative to your settings & activities, then I would suggest adding a battery app - I have Battery HD+ - the attached screenshot shows my current status and the hours estimated for certain activities (standby is much longer than reported by the iPad in settings - not sure why?) - hope this helps. Dave

BatteryHD.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 297,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
never paid attention to exactly how long it lasts but It lasts longer than my htc one x phone or any laptop ive ever owned. I am an internet junkie so i spend hours a day on it and I have no complaints.

learniiburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have trouble killing the battery on this thing in a day. I use it for hours and hours with every service I can imagine and the screen timeout turned up to 15 mins. Usually about 2 days of use and 2 hours to charge it up. Awesome, awesome device.

Most reactions

Latest posts