What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini 5 Battery issue

MikeFloutier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife’s iPad Mini 5 on iOS 15 or 16 died the other morning; she’s not too hot on charging btw.

I tried all the online advice but to no avail.

I thought I’d try a new battery, being fairly handy, and took the old one out prior to ordering a new one. Zero volts!

Next I ordered a new one. I was disappointed that the new one also showed Zero volts but the supplier suggested I should install and charge it, and “it should be fine!”

I did this but again to no avail.

I do still have a spare iPad Mini 2 battery I bought two years ago but didn’t need. I checked it today and it still shows 3.5v so I suspect my “new” one may be a dud; the “ribbon” cable is kinked/folded, which I guess could be an issue.

I wondered if you had any ideas as to how to proceed.

Kind regards, Mike

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife’s iPad Mini 5 on iOS 15 or 16 died the other morning; she’s not too hot on charging btw.

I tried all the online advice but to no avail.

I thought I’d try a new battery, being fairly handy, and took the old one out prior to ordering a new one. Zero volts!

Next I ordered a new one. I was disappointed that the new one also showed Zero volts but the supplier suggested I should install and charge it, and “it should be fine!”

I did this but again to no avail.

I do still have a spare iPad Mini 2 battery I bought two years ago but didn’t need. I checked it today and it still shows 3.5v so I suspect my “new” one may be a dud; the “ribbon” cable is kinked/folded, which I guess could be an issue.

I wondered if you had any ideas as to how to proceed.

Kind regards, Mike
It sounds as if the battery you purchased was a dud. I would ask for a refund.

Most reactions

Latest posts