iPad live video INPUT

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Dylanand, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Raddi

Raddi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just registered to bringt the thread back to life again.
    I read all the solutions you posted and i'm looking myself for a solution about some weeks now.
    I just bought an iPad and want to use A/V or Composite inputs on my iPad. As you pointed out, there is no cable or adapter that will connect to the iPad directly and transmit the video into the iPad.

But i think you all know the wireless DVB-T transmitters right? Like the Tivizen Nano or Elgato EyeTV W. They connect via Wi-Fi to the iPad and they do not require any internet connection.
    So you just power on the Tivizen Nano and you get live-TV over Wi-Fi to the iPad, without any other requirement.

And now i just found the PCTV Broadway 2T, just google it. It can stream DVB-T to the iPad and miuch more important, it has composite input and can stream ANY composite / A/V-source to the iPad, you can connect a camera or a receiver or a ps3/xbox over composite to the Broadway 2T and it will stream the live Video to the iPad.
    The only negative thing is: IT REQUIRES A WLAN-ROUTER TO CONNECT TO :-(.

So we have DVB-T Wireless-Streaming-Devices, which stream Video without any other requirement to the iPad and we have a Composite-Stream-Solution which require a WLAN-Router,
    WHY IS THERE NO DEVICE WHICH COMBINES BOTH?! Maybe some of you have heard of a device like that?

A wireless Composite-Stream-Device which has the WLAN-Router built-in so it does not need any other hardware to stream the composite to the iPad?
    Come on :-(

2. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    You cannot have a dongle that will do the job of the Broadway as it needs some beefy processing and power requirements that the iPad cannot provide. Actually, this piece of hardware is a good solution for a number of people who have posted here in the past.

I do not think needing a wifi network/router is a big deal as you pretty much need to have that anyway when using an iPad, especially the wifi only models.

3. Schnuffl

Schnuffl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hallo, is it possible to use the left audio channel to bypass low video in. An than we only need a Programm witch make a live Video Screen from that "sound"....

4. bt1098

bt1098
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I know how to do this. Not sure quality of video, but it should be marginally degraded from the source up to SVGA resolution(600 x 800). I am considering a kickstarter campaign to fund production, and would be interested in hearing how much support this would gather. Cost is expected to be $500 or less.

Thanks,
    Brian

5. payton1394

payton1394
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

You a day late and a dollar short. Teradek is already making a product to do this. The Teradek Clip is the most inexpensive solution that accepts and HDMI signal and transmits it to an IOS device or web browser via Wifi with a maximum latency of 4 frames, at 30 fps that not much (they even have their own app in the app store). It retails for $599. It was designed for unmanned aerial drones but has a practical use on the ground too. For a more professional application Teradek makes a step up model that will accept HD-SDI the Teradek Cube and it runs about $1200.

Both of these devices can function with or without the use of a wireless router because they have the ability to create their own wifi network.

#55 payton1394, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  6. kwekwe

kwekwe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The new GoPro Hero 3 with built in wifi coupled with the ipad app will do it

7. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Nice!

8. JoshuaSingh

JoshuaSingh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,
    interesting conversation. I'm also looking for an iPad solution as we want to control the Canon 5D MK III 's vid settings (plus a liveview monitor) via an application. We're using it right now on ground level, in some years in mid-air (camera mounted on an octocopter).
    First of all, there is a solution coming (or at least I think so). The developer Chainfire from xda-developers already created a pretty cool App called "DSLR Controller", which lets you control your whole camera (USB or WIFI) - LiveView, shutterspeed, ISO, F-stop, time lapse, video.
    But: it's just for Android. You're able to control Canon cameras only. And it's still in beta....
    Some days ago I found a video on YT which shows Chainfire working on an iOS solution. :thumbs: He used a jailbreaked iPad mini, a 5D, Apple's camera connection kit and the camera's USB cable. As you can see he is already using the iPad as an external monitor - with about 30 FPS.
    You can find it here: youtu [.] be / Y21D2l2TL2I
    I know there are some other solutions like CamRanger or even Capture Pilot if you're using one of PhaseOne's IQ2 digital backs (lol) but I think DSLR Controller is the most powerful app in this segment.

Sooo, I guess we will just have to wait and see until he releases it ;)

Joshua

#58 JoshuaSingh, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  9. actiondoc

actiondoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ipad as video montior

Teradyx out of grass valley has a wireless sender that your attached to any video camera through usb or hdmi it sends a closed wifi that your ipad can monitor in real time. Its expensive about $1200.00 you can be up to 300ft we use to monitor shots in car cases etc in real time.