What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad keyboard?

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry typos omg should've looked I'm a data entry and noooo way do I let errors go lime that rofl typing on a screen w nails galore not workIng lolhence my problem and yesssss we ha e laptops lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JChidester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.reunionwebcoach.com
I bought the ZaggMate keyboard for $75 from Amazon.com before I bought the iPad2 (I had to wait for the WiFi iPad2 to show up in the Apple Store).

While they fit together nicely, they are not connected in anyway, so as someone notes above, you need a soft case of some sort. I have a Netbook case (11") from InCase that works great.

Although I've only had these two devices for 2 days, I can see that the keyboard will be useful for longer text and data entries, but I can also see many times when I'll just use the touchpad on the iPad for casual use.

The keyboard is well-made and works with the iPad2 very nicely. The keys have a nice feel; they are smaller and closer together so it will take some getting used to.

djaanbutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You bet! You'll need to turn on blue tooth in the settings app: general -> bluetooth -> turn it on, and pare the device like you would with any other. Not all functions will work on the keyboard, though.
Apple Software and Device Beta Tester

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nancybout said:
Sorry typos omg should've looked I'm a data entry and noooo way do I let errors go lime that rofl typing on a screen w nails galore not workIng lolhence my problem and yesssss we ha e laptops lol

I'm not the best tyler either and your two post have confused even me

Reaction score
I just received the zagg but wth?.. It. Z,me dead, I charged it,no go...,via USB...now wondering if the Laptopvhargi g is going to cinch it??
Btw I dislike lotsssss how no cover for the top?????I my return it.I pId,got iT lTe,thN thought I'm missing. Top piece,ok airhead here lol
But wth w the Bluetooth pairing, charging issues!!!!

Ummmm what? Both posts.
I think I made out you are having charging issues.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the look of the Origami Workstation!!!! I might have to break down and order that!

harrymckenzi120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate everyones insight on the Zaggmate keyboard for my iPad2. I just received this keyboard that is almost identical to the Zagg... but it was $30 cheaper!

Aluminum Bluetooth Keyboard Case

I have been using if for the last few hours and it works great! From what I am reading here about the Zagg... this one does everything that one does. I will report back after using for a few more days.

JChidester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.reunionwebcoach.com
That sure is a close copy of Zaggmate. Only differences I could see were the magnet start and the letters on individual keys are centered. (On Zaggmate, the are offset.

Lawyers will be involved, no doubt.

Zagg mate is $75 at Amazon, so $6 difference.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
Love the look of the Origami Workstation!!!! I might have to break down and order that!

It's only about $27... a must if you have the Apple Wireless Keyboard (which is one of the best keyboards I've ever had). :)

targa88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a folding Bluetooth keyboard - it folds into a very small space and fits into a faux leather pouch. It's so small that you're never tempted not to take it with you. There are several models available - see Amazon - and some have dedicated iPad buttons - for 'Home', 'Volume' etc. Having a (nearly) full-size keyboard is essential if you're going to be doing a lot of typing or you're a touch typist. Battery life is a couple of months and the keyboard automatically goes to sleep after you've not typed for a while. Hitting any key wakes it up again and re-activates the connection to the iPad.

Tim
Tim,
Which model are you using?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Option is to get a Camera Connection Kit for iPad and just hook up you keyboard from pc or mac through USB :D works great :D

A slight word of caution here - Members have found that some keyboards work OK with the camera connection kit but by no means all of them. The CCK has a very limited (10 mA) current drive capability and it seems as though some profligate keyboards consume in excess of this and so don't work. So, if you already have the CCK, then try your PC or Mac keyboard but I'd be wary of purchasing the CCK for the sole purpose of using an existing wired keyboard - probably cheaper and certainly safer to use a Bluetooth keyboard.

Tim

kountzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently got the Ipad 2. I liked it, but didn't really have a use for it. Then I got the zagg blue tooth keyboard. Wow, what a difference.

I am really enjoying the ipad 2 now. It is like a small, versitile laptop or notebook pc. It is very convenient, highly portable. I am using it right now. I have a win 7 notebook next to me but I prefer the ipad 2. When I need more power and memory, I will use the
notebook. the ipad and keyboard take care of everything else.

They are always changing up things at work. I am now taking a lot of notes with both the ipad2 & keyboard, and my iphone 3gs. IOs5 Icloud makes this a lot easier. I am using both one note and evernote.

smarterphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A best keyboard should come with a protective case, so it's easy to carry it with ipad. Of course it should not be bulky.

Most reactions

Latest posts