iPad Keyboard Dock

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by brohism, Jan 27, 2010.

1. brohism

brohism
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So most likely I'll be buying the keyboard dock when I get an iPad. It'll be perfect for classes, and will negate the need for a netbook. Who else is planning on buying one, and are there any specs available on it (power source, weight, portability/foldability, etc.)?

2. DG~X

DG~X
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ill be getting one just to make it easy on my self. I cant imagen typing on the screen(if its an option). I usually press other button when thats the case.

3. AHMBE

AHMBE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The dock and case are on Apple's web page now

4. iDoug

iDoug
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  5. scotty frank

scotty frank
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree it would make taking notes in class a lot easier for me. Not to mention how much easier it will be to carry around than my huge honkin ASUS.

6. Varking

Varking
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It is actually a really smart design and it looks good. Like I do with any accessories, I will wait to see others reviews on how they like it before I order any.

7. iBean

iBean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've posted this on several other iPad threads, but I use a wireless keyboard with my iMac, and read that I will be able to use it with the iPad. It runs forever on just a few small batteries and, obviously, doesn't have to be plugged in, as I think the Keyboard dock does. I am thinking I can use it to take minutes at a board I am secretary for, and envision having the 2 devices in a messenger bag like thing. The case demo'ed at the intro, could be folded so as to have the iPad tilt up at a slight angle, and my wireless keyboard will sit below it, and no extension cords required! I paid about $75 for the wireless keypad about 3 years ago.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The Keyboard accessory looks great, but I'm not sure I need it. I don't want to carry to many extra things when I go out, and I got my Mac Pro at home. If I were a touch typist I might think differently but I type like crap on a real keyboard and I'll type just as crappy on the on screen keyboard.

9. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Will wait to see how well the native input is before ordering this.

10. iBean

iBean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I saw mention of a dock a few weeks ago, that allowed for both vertical and horizontal placement, that also had a USB plug in the front as well as a small phono plug (for headset or speaker?). I put my name on their list to notify me when it was available, but have not heard back from them. Seems like it was from a company called Sleek Designs.