What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offical apple keyboard dock

mikeytaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was thinking of buying the official keyboard which you can dock you iPad on but was wondering how much use I would actually get from It I don't have any issues with typing using the touch on the iPad and actually love it, but when I have to write a lot I sometimes think a keyboard would be a quicker and easier way. anybody who has the keyboard got any comments about it worth buying or a waste of money?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love it

I do real work on my iPad though, often typing for hours at a time

-t

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
I have a third party case, which protects the front and back, to use the apple keyboard I have to remove the case, which is a pain, a Bluetooth keyboard is much better

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

OP
mikeytaylor

mikeytaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you do real work do you use apples version of word, and how do you print anything you have done? Thanks

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rather than the one that docs, I prefer the standard Bluetooth Apple Wireless Keyboard, although there are a couple of non-trivial functions one gives up at this time (i.e. Home Key and Spotlight). This assumes that landscape mode and mobility are considerations though.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikeytaylor said:
When you do real work do you use apples version of word, and how do you print anything you have done? Thanks

I don't print much. When I do I use an HP printer that uses AirPrint and printing is seamless. I really find very little need to print any more.

I write in Pages and Evernote depending on the need. When I'm back from the road, i use Dropbox to move the files to my Mac.

I also do a lot of work on the web.

Numbers gets a fair amount of use as well, and I use a terminal emulator to edit files on my web servers.

I have replaced my laptop for 80% of what it used to do, and the keyboard makes much of that possible.

-t

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I use the BT Mini Apple wireless key board ( attached 2 pictures along with my Aluminum Belkin Flip stand last week) and enjoy it. I seldom print anything as everything I do is backed up.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Apple Wireless KB set up.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 581
  • securedownload-1.jpeg
    securedownload-1.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 426

RossMc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just the Wireless Keyboard and it's great when you're doing long typing work, I used it for doing my University assignment when I couldn't find the charger for my Macbook Pro and it was nice to type on.

I have the Incase Origami Workstation which I use with it.

c1477b15.jpg

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies to those who've seen far too many of my posts hailing the Origami Workstation. It is my favorite iPad accessory.

() Designed specifically for the Apple Wireless Keyboard.
() Functions as a protective case for the keyboard with almost no bulk.
() Foldable stand feature supports both iPad 1 and iPad 2.
() Stand supports iPad in either portrait or landscape orientation.
() Can be used with back case and SmartCover or naked.

Another poster recently noted that addition of a velcro strip enables the user to adjust the viewing angle of the iPad.

All in all, if you like the Apple Wireless Keyboard, it's a great accessory at $30.

Most reactions

Latest posts