What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is rebroadcasting the SSID of my last connection as an available wireless netwrk

mos380

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is rebroadcasting the SSID of my last wireless connection as an available wireless network. Has anyone else seen this?

For example, if I tether to my Droid and then turn off tethering. If I launch a wi-fi analyzer, it will still show the SSID of my Droid as an available wireless network. The mac address will be that of my iPad. While you do not appear to be able to successfully connect to it I am just wondering if I'm the only person that sees this occurring?

I have the wi-fi only version of the iPad.

Thanks in advance.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the same thing happens with mywi on the iPhone. Turning wifi off on the iPad, stop tethering, exiting mywi, and rebooting the iPhone/iPad should be a way to avoid it.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the problem some universities have found with the iPad. They require a full shutdown after the iPad disconnects from wifi use.

Most reactions

Latest posts