What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android iPad tether trouble Please Help!

Nailerdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been trying for some time to get a reliable tether working for an iPad. Have tried with both of my Droids. 1. Droid X rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App. 2. D1 rooted 2.2 running Wireless Tether App and also Barnacle. Have tried several iPads as well.

The only success at all has bee with Wireless Tether. It appears that Barnacle is not working on 2.2?

Have tried secured and unsecured connections with a variety of settings and none seem to work consistantly or with any reliability. I suspect it's something to do with it being an ADHOC connection?

iPad will see the Droid, attempt to connect and then drop. Then when you least expect it to it will connect and work great for a full session.

Tried lots of reset and power downs to try and get it to work as well.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why you are having problems. I frequently use two of my coworkers' Android phones as a wireless router for my iPad, works great every time. I'm no Android expert, but neither are they.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tether my rooted Droid to my MBP regularly with the Wireless tether app. I've noticed that if I turn on Access Control, prior to establishing the connection, things work better. Once connected, I turn Access Control off.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

Most reactions