What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad, iphone........

darrenw5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got an iPad 2 and loving it.

But also currently got an android phone. Please could ppl list the benefits of having an iPad and iPhone together.

Many thanks,
Darren

Eddieboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 is on the way.

If i had gone for a android tablet it would mean I couldn't use any of the apps I've brought on the apple app store meaning I would have to shell out again for the same apps on android store.

I use iTunes to sync my music to my iPhone so for me it was obvious choice to get a iPad 2 and if it had been the other way round I would of gotten the iPhone 4.

I know how to use the iOS as well, keeps it simple for me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about getting an Android phone, but I didn't want to lose the ability to conveniently synch everything, to use my apps across devices. The clincher: I love iPhone 4's camera.

mjaanbutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Boyfriend has a MacBook Lap Top and he has an IPhone, but he does not have an Ipad, so I was thinking of getting him one for Christmas. Is this a useless gift for him since he already has the other two things? My thinking was that he travels a lot for business and he could take the IPad on the plane with him, mostly to use as an EBook Reader, since the MacBook is pretty big to be lugging around and the IPhone is too small. Are there other advantages to the IPad?

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a ipad2 and a droid phone. I got the phone first and after looking at what a IPhone vs a droid phone could provide for me I picked the droid. Now add in a lower service plan with unlimited data from sprint. Then add in that I can turn my phone into a wireless Internet hub for free (rooted) the droid phone rocks.

Now with my iPad I still love me droid phone, it still does what I need plus it provides Internet service for the iPad on the go.

Sharing of apps between the two is not a issue because I use them for different things so I wouldnt use the same apps on both any way.

But that's me and your needs may be different.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Boyfriend has a MacBook Lap Top and he has an IPhone, but he does not have an Ipad, so I was thinking of getting him one for Christmas. Is this a useless gift for him since he already has the other two things? My thinking was that he travels a lot for business and he could take the IPad on the plane with him, mostly to use as an EBook Reader, since the MacBook is pretty big to be lugging around and the IPhone is too small. Are there other advantages to the IPad?

You should create a new thread for this and not highjack this one.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had 3 Android phones in the last 4 months, and I went right back to my iPhone 4. I guess better battery life and the ability to sync my purchases in iTunes is why I still prefer the iPhone over Android. Also, I don't have to pay for a 3G data plan for my iPad 2 because I can tether with my Jailbroken iPhone 4... That being said, Android does come with a lot of features out of the box that iPhone doesn't currently offer, so some people who own an Android phone, and an iPad might concider this as having the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got an iPad 2 and loving it.

But also currently got an android phone. Please could ppl list the benefits of having an iPad and iPhone together.

Many thanks,
Darren

No way would I lock myself into iOS limitations on both tablet and phone. No way.
The only advantage I can see to both being Apple would be, as Rose pointed out, iTunes. iTunes is my biggest gripe against my iPad. I hate iTunes. It's about as intuitive as a sinus infection. iOS 5 being the next big thing for Apple? Ok so I get the cluster bomb without the cord and some features that my old Windows phone does.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy using my iPad but no way would I lock my entire mobile computing world into iOS. My phone blows my iPad away in ability and speed, so much so I'm going to be doing some hands on with the Galaxy 10.1 this week and decide if it's worth getting in on the ground floor of Honeycomb. Ios5 just underwhelms me. It's going to be a phone OS being put on a tablet

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions

Latest posts