What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shall I buy an Ipad now or wait?

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Darren from the UK.

I have been waiting for ages now to get myself either an Ipad or the galaxy tab 10.1.

Having waited for a while it seems the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 is exclusive to Vodafone, the motorola will be overpriced and then there's the rumours of the Ipad 2.

I'm starting to run out of patience, when do we think this Ipad 2 will be released? Or shall I just get the Ipad now?

Finally, will I be able to get the Ipad 2 for £450ish?

Really want help guys!

Darren

bradyqs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't answer all of your questions but I've just bought an iPad 64gb wifi last week and I love it.
Not sure on £450 for one of the new ones but it depends on what size you need/want?
If you had to buy one today which one would you get?

OP
D

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't answer all of your questions but I've just bought an iPad 64gb wifi last week and I love it.
Not sure on £450 for one of the new ones but it depends on what size you need/want?
If you had to buy one today which one would you get?

Wifi 16GB probably - It's just a hard decision with people saying CPW sold out is due to the very soon announcement.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'm starting to run out of patience, when do we think this Ipad 2 will be released? Or shall I just get the Ipad now?

aren't we all :)

here in the UK, it's more than likely we'll see the ipad in the summer. and, it's more than likely to have a camera and faster processor that the current ipad doesn't. if this doesn't bother you then go buy the ipad 1 now. whichever, the current ipad is still ahead of it's competition by a considerable margin, like it or not :)

Finally, will I be able to get the Ipad 2 for £450ish?

Really want help guys!

Darren

Costings will probably be on par with current ipad 1 costs.

i too am from the uk and eagerly awaiting the new ipad2. and because the expected advances are considerable over the ipad 1, i'll be eagerly waiting even further.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Uk release would be in June if they stagger the release like last time.
If you can hold out that long that would be your best choice, but the current model will continue to work as well as it does now.
Personally I'm not a great fan of delayed gratification so I'd buy one tomorrow and worry about upgrading when the time comes. That's if you can get the model you want before stocks run out......

OP
D

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Refurbished wifi model from apple are still in stock...

June........ I thought one may of been hitting the shops next month (March)

No????

OP
D

darrenwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy, i see your from penarth, im from thornhill.

Really not sure what to do now!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy, i see your from penarth, im from thornhill.

Really not sure what to do now!

Thornhill? flippin heck. cemetery town. i used to live a bit further up the hill on Caerphilly mountain in my student days :) (next to the Black Cock pub)

Both of these places sounds awesome! I can hear your accents in my head!

Very cool.

Reaction score
Seeing how Apple usually has a Major->Minor->Major release cycle, it seems to be more reasonable to buy the Major upgrades, I.e. iPad 1&3, etc.

The other factor to consider is, as previously mentioned, that the UK iPad 2 release is still at some undetermined time in the future and likely to be month after the US release.

If the camera is not necessary, I would just buy a refurbished iPad now.

Most reactions

Latest posts