What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad imessages won't deliver

alisophi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
My ipad imessages won't deliver. It gets stuck in the last stage (after about 70% completion) and then after a while the not delivered message comes up. Everything else is working fine, safari, games etc. why is this and how do i solve the problem? I have tried turning imessages off and restarting my ipad but it makes no difference. I havent tried resetting the network settings as i cannot remember the passcode (is it different to the cover code?) and i don't know how and where to recover it from?
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.
Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you send the iMessage, are you sending it to another iDevice (iPhone, iPad or iPod)? Those are the only devices that can receive iMessages. If you are trying to use the iMessage app to send a text/message to a person who does not have a mobile Apple device, it will not work (read: it will not be sent).

If you are sending the iMessage to another Apple device, let us know and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
A

alisophi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you send the iMessage, are you sending it to another iDevice (iPhone, iPad or iPod)? Those are the only devices that can receive iMessages. If you are trying to use the iMessage app to send a text/message to a person who does not have a mobile Apple device, it will not work (read: it will not be sent).

If you are sending the iMessage to another Apple device, let us know and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

Yes they are sent to apple devices. It just started working again all of a sudden, i did absoutey nothing. It was down for 1 day and then fine again all by itself in the evening. But it shows potential for getting stuck, i mean usually the message sending icon shows the pace at which the message is sent and it is usually very fast but even now it is slowing down towards the end. But at least they are being sent now. Any idea why this is happening? Device overload? I have only 4gb of space left could this be the cause?

Most reactions

Latest posts