What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad GPS routing app for use in Europe

floorlizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be visiting Europe next week and would like to use Google Maps while traveling around each of the cities. However, due to the cost of data while roaming overseas, I cannot do this. I have heard about some apps that will allow my IPad (WiFi+3G Model) to act like my car's GPS by using pre-loaded (downloaded) maps while connected to the GPS satellites. Thereby, saving me money from using "live" maps like Google Maps. Can anybody make some suggestions on what they have used and what works best? I would like to pre-load points-of-interest with addresses, etc. and route to these locations. Also, since I will not have a car, are there any apps that will route using public transport options / walking much like Google Maps? Thanks in advance for your help!

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Navigon makes the best mobile GPS software. They are a German company. They have versions for Europe and or specific countries. The also have them for the US and UK. They are listed in the Apple App Store.

OP
F

floorlizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion.... Don't want to pay quite that much ($120 for Europe)

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are welcome. They are pricey but good. Slightly less expensive versions available depending on what parts of Europe you are traveling.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Garmin and TomTom also offer navigation apps. Might have less expensive options.

Most reactions

Latest posts