What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Forum on Computer

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it just me or do any of you find the forum cluttered and complicated (and boring) when not on a tablet or smartphone??:ipad-front: This is my first time NOT posting on an iOS device lol

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind it much on the computer...but I rely so heavily on my keyboard short cuts and Evernote app to access certain moderating tools on the ipad, that I user the PC sparingly! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I used the computer to visit this forum. I've used the iPad extensively for months (maybe even a year, even ... almost).

Like Ski, i'm used to my shortcuts and access to various notes and such. Heck, I now get annoyed when I use the PC and it doesn't auto-correct! :D

Marilyn

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I try to use a PC now, I find myself trying to move stuff around the screen with my fingers. Doesn't work, and makes me feel stupid. I'll stick to the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use the website mostly. I can't say I really like the UI, but everything is there and findable (though not always quickly). It is no worse than most other forums. I've been using it long enough that I rarely have to think about how to use it. It makes things a bit quicker when I need to do some research and/or juggle notes before/during/after posting.

I could use the iPad for this (and sometimes do, especially when mobile), but I live in a travel trailer. Walking 15' to a 27" iMac is usually worth the effort. Besides, I only have one comfortable chair, so if I'm sitting it's usually in front of the computer. ;)

Understand, this is not a criticism of the Admins or owners of the forum. It just seems that forums and their software have not been under much pressure to create obvious and/or easily discoverable UIs; not to the extent of tablet apps, where the UI has become all important, almost more so than features.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the app to read the threads and post in the iPF. Never tried to do so with my PC.

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't been on the PC since. I think I will stick to iOS devices for posting. Otherwise, you have to login and I forget my password mot of the time, too much work lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts