1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad for visually impaired user

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by wdc, Jun 5, 2013.

1. wdc

wdc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am trying to help a 90+, visually impaired friend with her XP PC. She currently uses AOL, mostly for email, and is having trouble with its complexity. I wonder if an iPad might be easier for her. Can someone suggest links I might look into? Are there any special iPad aps available for visually impaired users? Thanks.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812 / 0
    The iPad has native accessibility options built into the iOS - Check HERE for a description (and look @ the links provided); also, see the attached 'screen capture' form my iPad to view the listed choices, such as font size & zoom. The iPad has a native mail app which can be setup for a variety of accounts, including AOL. My main reservation would be the 'on-screen' keyboard (KB) which might be difficult for your friend to use - now bluetooth KBs can be purchased if that iwould be a better option? Good luck - :)

iPadAccess.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. wdc

wdc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    giradman: Thanks so much for your very helpful post. I'll follow up with the techs at an Apple store. ...wdc