What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for visually impaired user

wdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to help a 90+, visually impaired friend with her XP PC. She currently uses AOL, mostly for email, and is having trouble with its complexity. I wonder if an iPad might be easier for her. Can someone suggest links I might look into? Are there any special iPad aps available for visually impaired users? Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad has native accessibility options built into the iOS - Check HERE for a description (and look @ the links provided); also, see the attached 'screen capture' form my iPad to view the listed choices, such as font size & zoom. The iPad has a native mail app which can be setup for a variety of accounts, including AOL. My main reservation would be the 'on-screen' keyboard (KB) which might be difficult for your friend to use - now bluetooth KBs can be purchased if that iwould be a better option? Good luck - :)

iPadAccess.jpg

OP
W

wdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman: Thanks so much for your very helpful post. I'll follow up with the techs at an Apple store. ...wdc

Most reactions

Latest posts