What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving iPad as a gift...

skirkland1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am purchasing an iPad for my mother for Christmas. I would like to have everything set up for her that I possibly can so it is ready to go when she opens it. She already has an iTunes account. My question is if I sign in/register the iPad will it send her an email, ruining the surprise?

Also, any apps you guys can suggest for a first time iPad user? She has never had an iPod, iPod Touch, anything like that. Anything to help her transition easier?

Thanks in advance

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont remember got email for registering ipad but i remember got email for registering itunes account though also not to worry much if she hadnt any idevice experience before because ipad created in such user friendly way even a 90s years old could do it :thumbs:

OP
S

skirkland1987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I guess I could try registering it with my account and switching it up if I don't get a message? Or is it a one time register thing?

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think registering the ipad only one time thing but at least you can use either account it doesnt matter but why not register after she received the gift anyway even if you want to buy extended insurance you still can do it about a month after purchased its easy :ipad-movie:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, if you use her email ID to login to iCloud she will get an email saying that her apple I'd was used on an iPad to login.

Most reactions

Latest posts