What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad for Law Enforcement

Thidalgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a technology director with a law enforcement agency in Louisiana. I am interested in deploying IPads 2 to our uniform patrol officers in place of the conventional pc based laptop MDT. I would like to use the IPad to take criminal reports of crimes, incidents, arrest, and issue traffic citations. This would include having the offender sign on the IPad. Additionally, I would like to utilize the camera to take evidence photos that can be tagged to the report. I am open to suggestions, recommendations and general information from programmers, law enforcement agencies, and other having ideas on implementing this project.

Thanks

Troy

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a couple of ideas for apps you could check out: Pdf Reader for filling pdf forms such as standardised accident report forms, citations etc. It allows one to fill in the form and has a drawing facility to allow signing. For general note taking, try Notify; it allows a large variety of inserts such as photos, maps, drawing and writing. It also has a lot of ways to get copy to and from the ipad.

I think your main problem is going to be getting local hardcopy such as the offenders copy of a citation as the ipad prints to such a limited number of printers.

I must say, its an interesting set of requirements; I'd love to know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts