IPad for Law Enforcement

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Thidalgo, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Thidalgo

Thidalgo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a technology director with a law enforcement agency in Louisiana. I am interested in deploying IPads 2 to our uniform patrol officers in place of the conventional pc based laptop MDT. I would like to use the IPad to take criminal reports of crimes, incidents, arrest, and issue traffic citations. This would include having the offender sign on the IPad. Additionally, I would like to utilize the camera to take evidence photos that can be tagged to the report. I am open to suggestions, recommendations and general information from programmers, law enforcement agencies, and other having ideas on implementing this project.

Thanks

Troy
  2. gwynsoft

gwynsoft iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just a couple of ideas for apps you could check out: Pdf Reader for filling pdf forms such as standardised accident report forms, citations etc. It allows one to fill in the form and has a drawing facility to allow signing. For general note taking, try Notify; it allows a large variety of inserts such as photos, maps, drawing and writing. It also has a lot of ways to get copy to and from the ipad.

I think your main problem is going to be getting local hardcopy such as the offenders copy of a citation as the ipad prints to such a limited number of printers.

I must say, its an interesting set of requirements; I'd love to know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF