What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad dock with speakers

parias1126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an iPad dock with speakers to buy for my husband as a gift. I recently bought the Jensen JiPS-250i Docking Station at Target.

It has since been returned because it was a huge piece of JUNK! lol

I am looking for something similar to this that does all the same things.

Any recommendations? This is for the 1st Gen iPad.

Reaction score
Have you looked into the Airport Express, or Apple TV?

They don't have inbuilt speakers, but I would always recommend either one over a dock for a couple of reasons.

a) Apple changes their chargers ever so slightly with a new release of their products, meaning that a future iPad would still fit the 30pin connector, but most likely can't charge through it. But if you only intend to use the speakers with the current iPad, then this should not be an issue.
b) Portability, or rather lack of. The iPad is a device to hold in your hands. If it is stuck in a dock, it can hardly be used for other tasks.

If you already have a set of speakers at home, you could buy an AirPort Express or Apple TV, connect it to the speakers and let the iPad stream music wirelessly to the speakers.

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I for one would definitely recommend the Airport Express if you have a home network already, assuming you would not be moving the speakers around much. You can carry the Ipad around and stream music to a stereo connected to the Airport Express. Another option would be the Apple dock. It has a line-out jack so you can charge the Ipad and plug it into a home stereo or existing boom box; and that is only $29.

I have both as well as an Apple TV. The Apple dock is a cheap effective solution.

Most reactions

Latest posts