What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad data plan on a MiFi device?

TheNinja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm new to the forums and am a slightly technologically impaired individual, so I as hoping you all could offer some explanation/assistance.

I would like to get my wife an iPhone, but don't want to pay for a new data plan, because I also have an iPad with the grandfathered $30 unlimited AT&T data plan.

What I want to do is get that AT&T Data Plan working on a MiFi device so that my wife can use both the iPad and iPhone on that one plan.

Is this possible? I read one review which said it worked like a charm, but then read a later review on Amazon that said AT&T had managed to prevent mifi devices from using the iPad data plan from working in a MiFi as of August.

Is there a hack available that will make this work?

Thanks in advance!
-Derek

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is this possible? I read one review which said it worked like a charm, but then read a later review on Amazon that said AT&T had managed to prevent mifi devices from using the iPad data plan from working in a MiFi as of August.

Is there a hack available that will make this work?

Thanks in advance!
-Derek

Welcome To Derek. Double check your TOS. I am not an iPhone/AT&T/Verizon user so I am making general comments only. If your carrier prevents such use, it must be against their TOS. At one time, AT&T offered a MiFi device. Seems reasonable they want to sell the data plans and therefore, they do not want you getting for free, something they can charge you for.

Also look at other devices and plans. Shop around, I say.

Most reactions

Latest posts