What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad crashing

ejcmgc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad frequently crashing. iPad is version 1 and otherwise works great; this is a new problem. I recently upgraded OS with seemingly no problems. Suggestions appreciated. Thx.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel this is happening because of a lack of ram and the best fix is to close all your apps completely. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up to reveal your multi task bar. It will show all the apps that you have opened. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it, press the minus signs and this will close the app, not delete it. Another good idea is to go to Settings - Safari and clear out history and cookies, then press the Advanced tab and look at website data, this will show every website visited. You can clear this out also. Let us know if this makes a difference.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jmccamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard unchecking all items under spotlight in the general setting frees up a lot of ram too.

Most reactions

Latest posts