What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad connection issue

Skynetkernel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i plug the IPad in my pc, it sounds like it connect, But inmediatly sounds like it disconnects and keep beeping ... Btw with the same wire i can my iPhone 4 whitout problems and when i connect my iPad to my laptop, it has no problems. Does anyone knows anything about this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this a brand new iPad that you're trying to initialise or have you connected the iPad to your PC before? What does the iPad show on the screen??

One solution, if you've connected before and this is a new problem is to turn the iPad off completely by holding down the Power button for a couple of seconds and then sliding the control on the screen to confirm you want to shut down. When the screen has gone completely blank, hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears and then wait for the iPad to power up.

But get back to us if this doesn't solve the problem or if I misunderstood what your question was.

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

Skynetkernel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^!

Is this a brand new iPad that you're trying to initialise or have you connected the iPad to your PC before? What does the iPad show on the screen??

One solution, if you've connected before and this is a new problem is to turn the iPad off completely by holding down the Power button for a couple of seconds and then sliding the control on the screen to confirm you want to shut down. When the screen has gone completely blank, hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears and then wait for the iPad to power up.

But get back to us if this doesn't solve the problem or if I misunderstood what your question was.

Tim
Scotland

Hi Tim, thanks for your quick answer .... look ... its a brand new one and it NEVER have been able to conetct to my stationary PC but with no problems to my laptop ... obiously i thought it may be an issue with my pc (maybe itunes version or even usb malfunction) but i can connect and sync mi iphone 4 with no problems and with the same cable and it is the latest version of itunes ...

OP
S

Skynetkernel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
¬¬ .... now i've reinstalled itunes and now the ipad seems to connect to pc butitunes doesnt recognizes it ... ¬¬ ...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the lessons that I have learnt is never to try to connect your iPad to two separate computers with iTunes. All Forum members say this too. Use one computer - and one computer only - to sync your iPad. Things become very confused if you try to connect to more than one. After all, iTunes sync tries to make your iPad and PC have the same apps, movies, music etc. How can this work if you're connecting your iPad to two computers? Which one would predominate?

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts