What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing iPad Help

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad since January and at the time had a different computer. Since then a friend gave me a newer computer and hadn't synced my iPad with the new computer since I got it. Well the other day I went to sync it and because it was the first time syncing it with the 'new' computer, it asked me to install something so my pc can see the iPad and I accidentally said no forgetting I was supposed to say yes. Now I can't sync the iPad. When I go connect the ipad to the pc, I get a weird connected sound but nothing happens & then when I disconnect it, I get the usual disconnect sound when you disconnect something that's usb. My itunes doesn't even see the ipad when I connect it. Is there any way I could fix it without having to reinstall windows? I've tried uninstalling itunes & reinstalling it with the newest update but that didn't help.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know enough about how Windows and iTunes work together to help, but if no more knowledgeable person wanders by soon, don't forget you can call Apple's Tech Support.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ksaikin said:
I've had my iPad since January and at the time had a different computer. Since then a friend gave me a newer computer and hadn't synced my iPad with the new computer since I got it. Well the other day I went to sync it and because it was the first time syncing it with the 'new' computer, it asked me to install something so my pc can see the iPad and I accidentally said no forgetting I was supposed to say yes. Now I can't sync the iPad. When I go connect the ipad to the pc, I get a weird connected sound but nothing happens & then when I disconnect it, I get the usual disconnect sound when you disconnect something that's usb. My itunes doesn't even see the ipad when I connect it. Is there any way I could fix it without having to reinstall windows? I've tried uninstalling itunes & reinstalling it with the newest update but that didn't help.

Which version of Windows are you on? I had a similar issue with my iTunes on Win7, where iTunes would not recognize the iPad when plugged in. However, Win7 would recognize the iPad and offer its own popup window (when it sees a new external device plugged in). After I told the popup box to 'do nothing' and clicked it away, I could unplug and reconnect my iPad (iTunes still open) and then iTunes finally picked it up.

OP
ksaikin

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running XP and when I went into the My Programs Property manager & device manager, I did NOT see the Apple ipad usb device driver in the list of usb device drivers. I can't call Apple Care as I can't afford the care plan right now. The only other thing I can/have to do is go to the apple store or just deal with not being able to sync the ipad if I can't install the drivers. Is there anywhere I can download the apple ipad usb device driver?

Last edited:
OP
ksaikin

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you all...got it working!

Most reactions