What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad, Bluetooth and cellphones

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides the iPhone is there any other phone where the Bluetooth will connect to the iPad. The iPhone is a bit over the top for us as we are retired and would not use even 75% of what it can offer and at a price. Thought about the iPhone 4 but apparently it suffers badly from reception problems and living out in the sticks does not help either. We are thinking along the lines of a Samsung Galaxy II as that is a lot cheaper but not much point if it cannot BT to the iPad. Any suggestions please. Thanks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's probably something equivalent in the UK: In the U.S., iPhone 3GS is free with a contract, and iPhone 4 is $99. Reception depends on location and carrier, so you might check with neighbors and see what they're using. You don't have to buy the latest iPhone.

I haven't used a Samsung phone, but I got excited about one that's supposed to start selling soonish -- the Samsung Galaxy Note. Then I bought a Samsung laptop two weeks ago, which turned out to be such a piece of crap that I returned it. (It couldn't hold a wi-fi signal without staying plugged to an outlet. What a joke.) Now, I'm less excited about the Note.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We easily connect to an HTC phone to get our IPad on to the Internet.

OP
S

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume you can do that with most phones using Wi-Fi as the phone is acting as a modem. My question is about a Bluetooth compatible phone that will connect via Bluetooth to a iPad that is not an iPhone. I suppose we could look at the iPhone 3S, but the camera on that is only 3mp. Basically it is for my wife who has the iPad and only started using computers when I bought her the iPad so she is a total novoce to the world of computing except for her current mobile phone. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts