What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad backlight issue

Poeticdiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couple of days ago my iPad started acting weird and the backlight started blinking as if the it was being brightened and lowered. Now I can't change it at all. It's really bright and it's killing off my battery. Is there anyway to fix it?

L

Lunar

I couple of days ago my iPad started acting weird and the backlight started blinking as if the it was being brightened and lowered. Now I can't change it at all. It's really bright and it's killing off my battery. Is there anyway to fix it?

Sorry to hear your having issues.. but I doubt there is a easy way to fix it, I assume your've already tried the iPad fix everything none destructive reset procedure, in case somethings got screwed up. ie. Hold down the Home key and the ON/OFF buttons until the iPad goes off with a blank screen, keeping them held down until the Apple logo appears and then release.. AIS I assume your've tried this.

It does sound like a hardware issue, so there's probably no alternative but get Apple to repair it... only you can decide if thats a viable option... see what they say..

Last edited by a moderator:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Lunar said:
Sorry to hear your having issues.. but I doubt there is a easy way to fix it, I assume your've already tried the iPad fix everything none destructive reset procedure, in case somethings got screwed up. ie. Hold down the Home key and the ON/OFF buttons until the iPad goes off with a blank screen, keeping them held down until the Apple logo appears and then release.. AIS I assume your've tried this.

It does sound like a hardware issue, so there's probably no alternative but get Apple to repair it... only you can decide if thats a viable option... see what they say..

Hi Poeticdiva,

1. What edition of iPad?

2. Is there remaining warranty or Apple Care?

3. Was the device dropped, knocked etc., prior to the start of the problem?

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions