What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Assessment

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am with the fact that the iPad is a tablet, not the iPod nano. Let it be what it can. Without jailbreaking.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paraj77 said:
Trying to look at the potential of the IPad as a convergence device in the business world was the source of my earlier frustration. I was strongly traveling down a logic path where I could recommend the IPad as a replacement for laptop/tablets used by field employees.

I think you would first have to look at your user requirements and see what the field employees need exactly, then you do your research and figure out which hardware and software combination best fits those needs, within the corporate budget. Assuming that the iPad is a magical device that will somehow fulfill those needs, before knowing what it can and cannot do, is putting the cart before the horse. There are orgnaizations out there who have adopted the iPad in volume - actually, the Ministry of Defence in Singapore comes to mind - so obviously, others have figured out how the device can be adopted and adapted to fit into their organization.

OP
P

paraj77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all the posters for helping me better appreciate the positioning and limitations/capabilities of the IPad -- My insight has been improved by your comments. BTW: The Printcentral app recommended earlier is awesome; it does everything I was seeking to do.

The security aspects of the IPad are a tough hurdle for some potential users to overcome; while I can appreciate how the Ministry of Defence in Singapore might be able to utilize the technology; one of my very old clients, the Ministry of Home Affairs in Singapore, would not. We need, as one poster noted, to better understand the requirements and constraints to properly ascertain where we might best use this technology.

Thanks again for the excellent dialogue created on this subject; my hope is that it will have helped others as much as i.

Reaction score
I have attempted to use my iPad for 2 months since my wife purchased a Hyundai Equus and received one as part of the purchase. While we absolutely love the car, the entire two months with the iPad have been a source of extreme frustration in trying to accomplish the most basic functions: connecting to my network printer and play any Flash streaming feeds. I cannot understand why anyone would tolerate the crap Apple is providing with thier proprietary, closed approach to computing.

Before I put this pos into the garbage, can anyone tell me how to attach my netwoked Canon MX 870 printer to this piece of junk?

As an IT professional with 40+ years of systems (hardware & OS) development experience, I cannot recall a more frustrating two months in my professional career. I will not recommend this technology to any of my 100+ clients.

Thanks,
paraj77

Welcome to the forum
I'm sorry that you had to endure some of the bashing and derogitory posts
I truly do understand your frustration and am glad you got past the frustration enough to have a meaningful dialogue here and hope you will continue to use this site as it truly is a wealth of information by some awesome members

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts