Ipad as only computer?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by TabletGuy, Aug 26, 2019.

1. PrismStudios

PrismStudios
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Yes, my US based bank. The currency exchange in the airports don`t do that either. I actually dealt with Chinese factories, and went to them. Interestingly, many of the ones we work the most closely with are owned, or managed by American, Canadian, or European executives. The cost of making products in the US are actually quite prohibitive, and the average cost at retail is 6 times the price paid to the Chinese manufacturer! There are some steep tariffs already as well. Any product that has an American lobby is tariffed heavily, for instance, if you have ties made of polyester, the tariff is quite high, but not silk, because the US makes polyester, and taxes accordingly. Some trigger words also gain tariffs! I was designing Holiday décor, and if it was popular (one Christmas, snowmen were popular.) US customs would tariff the living daylights out is any shipment with that word on the bill of lading. Sometime badly worded descriptions aren`t poor English from non English speaking shippers, but things worded to bypass the fees! The whole thing is fascinating, and a bit scary. P.S. the actual profit margin on an iPhone is about $200. Quality engineering is costly. Also, the glass for Apple devices is made by Corning, in the US, in fact the flagship factory is in Harrodsburg Ky. which is where my Mother`s side of my family is from, not important, but a local link to my homeland is really cool to me.

2. TabletGuy

TabletGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for the reply Prims,
    I just read this morning that Google is relocating to an ex-Nokia factory in Vietnam to manufacture its Pixel line because of both rising manufacturing cost in China and the trade war. I hope other companies do the same. China has way overextended and this trade war is really hurting them a lot more than we think. They have 1.5 billion mouths to feed and any stop in the production line is disastrous for them.

Believe it or not, I use a toaster that was made in America during the 40s or 50s and the only thing I have "fixed" on it is replace the connector head. The thing is made with high-quality stainless steel and could probably survive being shot at! Made in America used to mean top quality for your money. Planned obsolescence has really done us in big time. God, I miss how America was...

I have been told that Kentucky is our most beautiful state and I will definitely visit one day. Do you have a link to your art? I would love to see it.

3. PrismStudios

PrismStudios
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    www.prism-studios.org ... Be warned the site is old, as the gentleman who was my admin, moved on to an IT position, and we just sort of dropped it. It’s about 10 years old, but a decent showcase of things. L

4. TabletGuy

TabletGuy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey! I think your work is great! I am very happy that you have a way to express yourself like this. I have always wanted to get into arts&crafts and have tried unsuccessfully over the years. I simply do not have the talent.

By the way, I do see the little mouse!
    [​IMG]

5. PrismStudios

PrismStudios
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I let the viewer decide who gets to eat that night....

6. thirdsun

thirdsun
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Only 10 years old? The design used on there is "old" even 10 years ago. I used to hand code html like this 20 years ago.

Have you considered wordpress? it's a very simple website builder with a wysiwyg back end. Have limitless choice of themes, can get art gallery themes. I can see the website never updated since 2010, the great thing about wordpress is you dont need to have web coding skills to updated, once up and running you can update it almost as easily as you can edit and post threads on this forum.

Btw, love the art.

7. PrismStudios

PrismStudios
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It’s paid for years to go.....I can’t find my admin to get control.....but.... I do have a freind that will eventually help me build a new one....... And RE: The art. thanks