What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad as interface device

LambChop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am wondering if there is a way to use the iPad to interface to music or movies stored on a computer or external hard drive. That is, not store it on iPad but can see it on another device and select and play. Also, is it possible to set this up wirelessly using bluetooth or wifi?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
check out teamviewer app, a lite version is available for free.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try out the Zumocast app. To save me typing, here is what their web site (ZumoCast - Stream your media to iPhone, iPad, and any browser. It's your personal cloud.) says:

Access your media instantly!

Enjoy your entire collection of videos and music on the iPhone, iPad, and any browser; without the need to upload or sync.

I've used it over 3G and WiFi both with no trouble. I've been able to access iTunes, my PC's desktop and an external hard drive I've got hooked up to the PC. I can see not just music or videos, but ANY file, such as all my e-books I have in [a super awesome ebook management program] Calibre.

Not too shabby for a free app!

Happy searching.

Marilyn

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try out the Zumocast app. To save me typing, here is what their web site (ZumoCast - Stream your media to iPhone, iPad, and any browser. It's your personal cloud.) says:

Access your media instantly!

Enjoy your entire collection of videos and music on the iPhone, iPad, and any browser; without the need to upload or sync.

I've used it over 3G and WiFi both with no trouble. I've been able to access iTunes, my PC's desktop and an external hard drive I've got hooked up to the PC. I can see not just music or videos, but ANY file, such as all my e-books I have in [a super awesome ebook management program] Calibre.

Not too shabby for a free app!

Happy searching.

Marilyn

The OP didn't say they wanted to stream anything...they want to control a computers media.

Most reactions

Latest posts