What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad apps not showing on itunes

woodyri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to update my sons ipad 1 to ios 5. he has 159 apps according to his ipad, when plugged into the pc, itunes only shows 54 apps. we have updated itunes and installed ios 5 on my ipod with not problems but i dont want to do it on his ipad if he will lose apps. sync and backup dont help. any ideas?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
woodyri said:
I am trying to update my sons ipad 1 to ios 5. he has 159 apps according to his ipad, when plugged into the pc, itunes only shows 54 apps. we have updated itunes and installed ios 5 on my ipod with not problems but i dont want to do it on his ipad if he will lose apps. sync and backup dont help. any ideas?

Have a look in iTunes on the iPad, there should be a purchased tab. If they are all showing in there then whatever happens you can always download again for free from that page (even if they are paid apps) no matter what happens.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also right click on the iPad in iTunes and choose Transfer Purchases. That should copy all the apps to iTunes. Might take a while, considering how many apps you are talking about.

That many apps is also gong to really slow down the upgrade process, so unless he is actively using them you may want to consider thinning the numbers a bit (a lot) before upgrading. You can always download them again, as Gabriel said.

It would be a good idea to go through this thread be fore upgrading, as well.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html#post339338

Most reactions

Latest posts