What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Apps - how can we suggest updates?

Gen from Oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our apps get updated all the time - but often don't include the changes we want! Really silly, but frustrating. Eg I just loaded the free app "trickster" for movie reviews and showtimes and it's great. But there is no "wish list" that I can find, so you can note the movies you want to see! Seems obvious to me... But how do we tell them that?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our apps get updated all the time - but often don't include the changes we want! Really silly, but frustrating. Eg I just loaded the free app "trickster" for movie reviews and showtimes and it's great. But there is no "wish list" that I can find, so you can note the movies you want to see! Seems obvious to me... But how do we tell them that?

I usually to the App Store - find the app I want to make a suggestion about - click on the link to the Developer's web site and leave a message there. Some app developers are very responsive indeed. I've had them email me to clarify exactly what I was after. I quite often see that sort of thing mentioned in the app reviews - always a good sign.

Tim
Scotland

The App Gate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most developers have stat tracking software setup that allows us to look at all reviews on iTunes (and translate the review to English for us). We use reviews as a primary way of figuring out what to address in future versions of our app.

sheryljax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to this site, so i don't know if this is the right place,but here goes..I bought my ipad in Calif. then moved to the Philippines where i am now. since i got here i am having trouble downloading games i bought from itunes..It takes 12 to 15 hours...What on earth.did i do something wrong??

EgoProwler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to this site, so i don't know if this is the right place,but here goes..I bought my ipad in Calif. then moved to the Philippines where i am now. since i got here i am having trouble downloading games i bought from itunes..It takes 12 to 15 hours...What on earth.did i do something wrong??

I would create a new thread or have one of the moderators move this as a new topic into the appropriate forum. You're posting in a thread that is specific to providing feedback to app developers.

Calcifer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found that most developers, especially the small ones, really take to heart any specific, constructive criticism or suggestions made in itunes reviews. They have a hard time getting reviews even. The best thing to do is put up a review and then if they make a change you like, be sure to re-review the app with a high rating. You'd be surprised at how much it means to independent developers in particular.

This is so true. And don't forget that you can always mail the developer. There's always a mail provided on the developer website or in the description page so why not just use it and have a nice discussion? You would certainly learn the reason why something is missing which is often quite obvious but has not been realized by people.

Most reactions

Latest posts