What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad and tom-tom

harleydyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK here's my situation. I have a windows based home sys. I am able to use a nav. prog. called TYRE to put directions into my nav. device called a Tom-tom, whch I can use to program a route to use on my Harley. The maps app on my ipad is okay, gives me different routes to a destination, but I can't transfer them from ipad to Tom-tom. I really don't want to mount my ipad to my bike. TYRE allows me to map my own route and download to my tom-tom. But, I can't get TYRE on my ipad. Can anyone help me. One of the main reasons I got ipad (gen 2 BTW) was that I wanted to bring it with me on trips, then plan a route for the next day and download it to tom-tom. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
harleydyna said:
OK here's my situation. I have a windows based home sys. I am able to use a nav. prog. called TYRE to put directions into my nav. device called a Tom-tom, whch I can use to program a route to use on my Harley. The maps app on my ipad is okay, gives me different routes to a destination, but I can't transfer them from ipad to Tom-tom. I really don't want to mount my ipad to my bike. TYRE allows me to map my own route and download to my tom-tom. But, I can't get TYRE on my ipad. Can anyone help me. One of the main reasons I got ipad (gen 2 BTW) was that I wanted to bring it with me on trips, then plan a route for the next day and download it to tom-tom. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hmm, not sure I have the complete picture, but as far as I understand you want to share routes and possibly waypoints between a Tom Tom GPS and the iPad?
Firstly , the iPad needs the same software that runs on the Windows computer, as far as I can tell the Tyre application in windows is not available for iPad, the app store has plenty of nav tools but are stand alone in that there is no paired application that I know of in windows.
An alternative that I use is NavFree , it is free for the iPad.
There is a Tomtom app for the iPad though but will cost you to download.

Most reactions

Latest posts