What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Hanks Has Created an iPad Typewriting App and it's Really Great!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Of course, it would depend on personal preferences and talents.

The physical keys on my keyboard are roughly the same size as the touch keyboard. Sizing them down so you can fit all the extra keys makes the keyboard between ¼ to ⅓ smaller. That's cutting off the function keys, which some of the more modern typewriters did have.

For my largish fingers and lowish coordination, the keys would be on the smallish side.

Keyboard_1.JPG

Kyeboard_2.JPG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that old typewriter keyboards varied in size between slightly smaller than my Apple keyboard to considerably larger.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Of course, it would depend on personal preferences and talents.

The physical keys on my keyboard are roughly the same size as the touch keyboard. Sizing them down so you can fit all the extra keys makes the keyboard between ¼ to ⅓ smaller. That's cutting off the function keys, which some of the more modern typewriters did have.

For my largish fingers and lowish coordination, the keys would be on the smallish side.

View attachment 60239

View attachment 60240

That is the perfect keyboard. Not much different in size.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind the virtual keyboard. I actually like it rather than lugging a physical keyboard. I guess I am lazy to have to carry one more thing. If I wanted a physical keyboard, that's where my MacBook Air comes in! :)

Most reactions