1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad and Imac Tiger

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by rancherwillie, May 10, 2010.

1. rancherwillie

rancherwillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    According to the ipad specs my old imac on tiger is not compatible. Is that important since I will not be dumping files or photos from the imac.

On apple chat they told me if my itunes is current thats all that matters to buy books, music, movies etc.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks, willie
  2. rtking

rtking iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry Willie, but you're going to needto upgrade to OS X Leopard at a minimum.

I have Tiger on my Mac Mini and could not sync/activate even with the latest iTunes.
  3. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +461 / 0
    Yes the answer is no. One option is to purchase a second hand later model that has Leopard on it or even a a low cost win 7 net computer (not my choice though) Regards Colin
  4. rancherwillie

rancherwillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tiger

I was afraid of that. I guess apple knew we would not buy the ipad if our current systems were not compatible. Not sure what we will do now that it means around 1500 bucks to get ipad plus leopard. Thanks for your input.
  5. rancherwillie

rancherwillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ipad/Imac OS Upgrade

Good news for my old tiger imac. For $99 I can get leopard 10.5.8 installed so my compatibility issue is solved.

Thank you all for your input...

willie