What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange safari glitch on iPad 2

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have this strange problem while using the google task bar in safari. I don't mean the task bar on the top right, but literally going to google on safari. Every time I touch the place where you type on google ( sorry i dont know the word) it always scrolls down by itself and opens the iPad keyboard. Also I can't scroll up after the keyboard is shown. I know I can always use the google task bar that safari gives me, but I care about my things,and I want to know the problem.

Last edited:
OP
Elephant

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No but just right now I did a reset and everything is fine now.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what you describe, that is normal behavior. The Google search line will move up so that there is room to fit the keyboard on the screen and so that you can still see the text input line. On my iPad, when it does that, I can still touch the screen in between and be able to scroll up and down. Like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339610437.718742.jpg

Is that what your iPad is doing? Because I can't make it NOT allow me to scroll up and down by using that little open area between the keyboard and the bookmarks bar.

If you cant scroll, have you tried to shut Safari down completely and then restart the iPad (turn it off, then on)? Maybe that will help...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts