We are nearly two months away from a major OS update that should make your iPad feel brand new again. Apple has posted a new informational page reminding us of all the features this upgrade will bring. The scheduled release is November and the wait will be worth it. Here's a quick run down for those that might have missed it:
Source: Apple - iPad - iOS 4.2 Software Update coming in November
- Multitasking: Run all your favorite apps â€” and switch between them instantly â€” without slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.2
- Folders: Organize apps into folders with drag-and-drop simplicity. Get faster access to your favorites and browse and manage thousands of apps.
- Printing: Print mail, photos, web pages, and more directly to a printer on a wireless network.
- Air Play: Wirelessly stream videos, music, and photos from iPad to the new Apple TV, and stream music to AirPlay speakers or receivers, including AirPort Express.
- Game Center: Experience social gaming on your iPad. Find friends or use auto-match to play multiplayer games against new opponents. Track achievements and compare high scores.
- Even better mail: See messages from all your accounts in a unified inbox, organize messages by threads, and open attachments in third-party apps.
- Find text on web pages: In Safari, easily find and highlight specific words and phrases on large web pages.
- Enhanced enterprise support: Businesses can take advantage of stronger security features, new device management capabilities, and improved enterprise integration.
- Accessibility enhancements: Control VoiceOver using a wireless keyboard. Output in braille to over 30 supported wireless Bluetooth refreshable braille displays in more than 25 languages.
- Keyboard and dictionary enhancements: Choose from more than 30 new keyboards and dictionaries, including Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew.