What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3

jaa52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipod is backed up to icloud with Imatch. My Ipad 3 is on the way. Can I restore to my ipad 3? Can i pick and choose?

OP
J

jaa52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u so much. I guess I could then just delete ipod apps on my ipad I do not want?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If they install, yes you can just delete them. Most will probably install.

Though if you use iTunes the restore from backup and app syncing is separate. At least it still was the last time I did it. You could edit your sync setting before doing the first sync (after the restore from backup) and keep any apps you don't want to copy over from doing so.

Last edited:
OP
J

jaa52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good stuff, thanks can I sync using itunes in ICLOUD I assume?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some stuff will sync in iCloud. Media will not. You have to download what you want. Anything you've already purchased will be available for download for free, and you can download entire albums, artists, etc (ie you don't have to do it song by song). You can also change he store settings on each device so that new music bought on one device will automatically download on the other (and or iTunes).

You can still sync with iTunes when using iCloud; so you could do your initial sync in iTunes to get what you want on the iPad, then tweak it in iCloud as needed later.

Most reactions

Latest posts