What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 with iOS7.04...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it's more because apple want some license fees these accessories made by third parties. The point is that ALL other electronic companies have moved away from proprietary connectors and have opted for a universal standard with microUSB. However apple still wants to keep their connector and it's only to make money. http://www.neowin.net/news/apple-could-soon-be-forced-to-switch-to-microusb-chargers-in-europe

Good point, tron. I think you nailed it. The thing is, I think we will all be better off with a lightning connector than any other prior connector. Apple sells enough idevices to make the connector ubiquitous. I wish they'd make the fee lower to encourage everyone to paid it. Now we must wait on the next version of USB to get the equivalent connector for everyone. But they should have done this long ago. So I have zero love for the USB committee.

adavis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife gets this message on her iPad Mini using the cable that came with the iPad so you can get it with genuine cables also.

kdskamal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP: yes it is normal. I am no longer able to use my $2 iPhone 5 cable with my phone. iOS 7 just broke it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point, tron. I think you nailed it. The thing is, I think we will all be better off with a lightning connector than any other prior connector. Apple sells enough idevices to make the connector ubiquitous. I wish they'd make the fee lower to encourage everyone to paid it. Now we must wait on the next version of USB to get the equivalent connector for everyone. But they should have done this long ago. So I have zero love for the USB committee.

Funny thing happened. I tried the cable in a different socket point in my home and it now works ????

Most reactions

Latest posts