What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 won't charge.

Pully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, when I plug my ipad in to the wall it will start to charge but after some time it will stop charging and ceases to recognise the fact it is plugged in.
Can anybody offer some help?

Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, when I plug my ipad in to the wall it will start to charge but after some time it will stop charging and ceases to recognise the fact it is plugged in.

Thanks.

Are you using an iPad or iPod charger? The iPad charger can charge at 2 A (amps) but other chargers cannot meet this.

Tim

OP
P

Pully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using the charger which was supplied. Strangely it starts to charge when I swap plugs but again only briefly.

bummpr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me Too

I had the same problem with the "original" charger that came with my iPad 2. The little "lightning bolt" would only come on (to indicate the tablet was charging) after I jiggled and jiggled the plug-end of the charger in the AC outlet. It was a very delicate maneuver to keep everything in a charging mode.

I went to our local WalMart and got a iPad replacement for about $30 and it now charges perfectly every time without twiddling with any part of the connection.

I also returned the "old" charger back to the store in the original packaging so it really only cost me gas money to get a charger that works. I believe that the new chargers have got some inherent defect where electrical contact is being lost.

OP
P

Pully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I take apart the plug and put it back together and plug it in it will start to charge again! Hopefully I ca pick up a new one but my nearest apple store is not close.

bummpr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I take apart the plug and put it back together and plug it in it will start to charge again! Hopefully I ca pick up a new one but my nearest apple store is not close.

I took mine apart numerous times but it had ZERO effect. I also kept checking my electrical outlet...I moved my whole charging apparatus to several other outlets but nothing changed. This lead to my action to replace the Apple charger.

OP
P

Pully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like the exact same thing.

calmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks.
I'v got exactly the same problem. have you had any answers with this please.

Thanks.

felixhelix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, my iPad 2 is just a week old and since I started charging it, I have to plug and replug the AC adapter to the ipad so the charge would reach full charge of 100%.

There were several instances when I left it for about 4 hours and the charge was just 85% with no electric icon on the battery. I always ended up unplugging the AC adapter to the wall and replugging it back in to get a full charge. Very annoying and I want answers from Apple. I will contact them this week.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, my iPad 2 is just a week old and since I started charging it, I have to plug and replug the AC adapter to the ipad so the charge would reach full charge of 100%.

There were several instances when I left it for about 4 hours and the charge was just 85% with no electric icon on the battery. I always ended up unplugging the AC adapter to the wall and replugging it back in to get a full charge. Very annoying and I want answers from Apple. I will contact them this week.

Let us know how you get on because it seems several people have had this problem.

Hope Apple get it fixed for you. Hopefully it's just the charger that's faulty.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine charges fine, but takes a lot longer than my ipad1 From 10% the 1 used to take about 4 hours, from the same point the 2 takes around 8. Battery life seems comparable though.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
P

Pully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine charger a lot faster than that.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pully said:
Mine charger a lot faster than that.

From the same percentage? Maybe I will try my ipad1 charger next time, could be a faulty batch.

Jeff

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A tip: don't use a dock extender when charging, this doubles the time it takes. I used it with just the short cable that comes with the iPad, and charging time has returned to normal

Jeff

Most reactions

Latest posts