What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 won't charge.

felixhelix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I contacted Apple 2 days ago, they wanted me to bring the defective AC charger to a nearby apple store so they could run diagnostics and a bunch of tests. I decided to purchase a brand new 10W AC charger from Target and it now works! The iPad charges completely from any percentages.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
felixhelix said:
I contacted Apple 2 days ago, they wanted me to bring the defective AC charger to a nearby apple store so they could run diagnostics and a bunch of tests. I decided to purchase a brand new 10W AC charger from Target and it now works! The iPad charges completely from any percentages.

You really should get it replaced free..... I thought mine was dodgy until I discovered that using a dock extender to reach a closer power outlet was doubling the charge time. Use the short cable and it's the same as my ipad1. I wish Apple would make that lead a little longer :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a problem along all apple lines. When it doesn't get enough power to charge it it shows the fully charged icon on the battery. But it still charges just slower.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

ibgean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with apple provided wall charger
And i am so annoyed now..

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
made in China mean there WILL be inherent quality control problems...eventually that country will come realize that quality control will have to go hand in hand with future long term business

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dMog said:
made in China mean there WILL be inherent quality control problems...eventually that country will come realize that quality control will have to go hand in hand with future long term business

Really......I thought that my iPad was assembled in China.....looks like a quality product to me.

The Archangel

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Really......I thought that my iPad was assembled in China.....looks like a quality product to me.

The Archangel

I agree but there are some issue with products made overseas these days. You can't escape it. I don't wanna open the can of worms about offshore labor like that other thread but I have found many of the items made in China are not assembled very well. You get what you pay for.

That being said, the Apple products do seem pretty good overall.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
I agree but there are some issue with products made overseas these days. You can't escape it. I don't wanna open the can of worms about offshore labor like that other thread but I have found many of the items made in China are not assembled very well. You get what you pay for.

That being said, the Apple products do seem pretty good overall.

To be honest I think you can find shoddy products produced in any country of the world, including the UK and USA......it's down to the individual companies and what short cuts that they want to take to get bigger margins.

The Archangel

abby221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My I pad won't charge so I took your advice and tried my neighbors 2 chargers that she has and neither worked. It was bought at Best Buy. Can I bring it to an Apple Store or do I have to return it to Best Buy.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
abby221 said:
My I pad won't charge so I took your advice and tried my neighbors 2 chargers that she has and neither worked. It was bought at Best Buy. Can I bring it to an Apple Store or do I have to return it to Best Buy.

Take it to the Apple Store, ideally make an appointment at the Genius Bar, they don't care where you purchased it from as you have a full warranty from Apple anyway.

The Archangel

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apples quality control is number one world wide no other manufacture has produced the volume of products across the entire lineup without issues Remember it is designed in USA and assembled in china big difference to made in china

in respect to chargers be aware the iPad uses a 10w charger and is double what the iPod or iphone chargers provides

Most reactions