What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 with numbers problem

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
]Something odd happening on my iPad Opening Number on my iPad and before I even get into one of my folders to open a document it randomly copies all the documents. I can open the originals but not the copies which I have to delete. I have also noticed that the icon for numbers instead of being in colour is in grey

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - I don't completely understand your question but am assuming that you are having problems w/Numbers, the spreadsheet app on the iPad - correct? If so, you might want to try the steps below; however, if I've misunderstood your question then please post back - good luck! :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
B

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the app itself. If I tap on number as soon as it opens for some odd reason any saved document I have in numbers the app actually copies every single one. The number icon (document) is saved on the numbers desktop but its greyed out. So I have twenty saved documents then the app does another twenty documents but you cannot do anything with them except delete them.

I have done a reset and that has not worked sadly

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's the app itself. If I tap on number as soon as it opens for some odd reason any saved document I have in numbers the app actually copies every single one. The number icon (document) is saved on the numbers desktop but its greyed out. So I have twenty saved documents then the app does another twenty documents but you cannot do anything with them except delete them.

I have done a reset and that has not worked sadly

How about saving documents elsewhere (Dropbox/iCloud) then delete the app and re-download and install. Then copt the original documents. Sounds as if the app is either corrupted (unlikely) or had not installed correctly.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts