What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers...... Help

spanbox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Newbe to ipad and have tried to read all posts on this BB but not getting anywhere fast. I have purchased numbers app and have transfered some files from my PC to the Ipad. But when I open them on numbers I cannot find the tool bars in the numbers app. Even when I open a new spread sheet no tool bars appear. In the operating distructions they show a pic with all the tool bars and explanations. Can anyone put me out of my misery? Or am I just dumb? Thanks in advance

jakerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double tap a cell and he number pad will pop up. The tool bar is a above the keypad where it shows "42", a clock, "T" and "=." Tap the "=" and you'll see keys for functions, text, calendar and logical entries. That's all the tools I've been able to find. I haven't sorted out how to format fonts yet. Still working at it.

OP
S

spanbox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys I had that info and have used them and have been playing with them. I found from an APPLE site a help for Numbers08 which shows different tool bars and was trying to get that to come up on the version that I have just downloaded. The " Numbers Window" was on page 20 of Numbers 08 PDF File for the ipad. This page looks similar to a MS Exel layout with all the options shown on top of the spread sheet. Has numbers changed ? Dont know how to find out what yersion I have.
Thanks for your input thus far.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spanbox said:
Thanks guys I had that info and have used them and have been playing with them. I found from an APPLE site a help for Numbers08 which shows different tool bars and was trying to get that to come up on the version that I have just downloaded. The " Numbers Window" was on page 20 of Numbers 08 PDF File for the ipad. This page looks similar to a MS Exel layout with all the options shown on top of the spread sheet. Has numbers changed ? Dont know how to find out what yersion I have.
Thanks for your input thus far.

Numbers 08 is an OSX program for Macs, Numbers for iPad is a much cut down version designed to run on iOS so the guide you have will not be a great deal of use to you.

The Archangel

OP
S

spanbox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gents, Thanks for you replies. I now understand!!! Its really easy when you know how! Thanks for your patience. Getting there with this Ipad thingy, enjoying the ride and being tested daily with this amazing product.

Most reactions

Latest posts