What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Lock Button Now Working

Tom101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 Lock Button Not Working

Hi Guys,

I have an iPad 2 which will turn off if you hold the lock button, then swipe as usual. Button if i press to lock/unlock nothing happens. Also when I close the case it does not lock either.

I have checked the settings to enable it to lock when the cover closes.

I am at a loose end.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

GodOfThunder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Tom...

If you're referring to the lock button at the top right corner of your ipad, if your ipad is turned off (not just in sleep mode), you have to press and hold for a few. As far as to when you close your case and it not locking...my guess, is that possibly you're using a case without the required magnets needed to activate that feature. If you are using a product attained from ebay, craigslist, etc., then possibly either the cover has weak magnets, they don't line up correctly, or they don't have them at all. Please keep in mind, I'm new to iPads...just got mine 2 weeks ago, and I'm just trying to brainstorm a solution for you...Hope it helps.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an iPad 2 which will turn off if you hold the lock button, then swipe as usual. Button if i press to lock/unlock nothing happens. Also when I close the case it does not lock either.

I have checked the settings to enable it to lock when the cover closes.

I am at a loose end.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,

Are you referring to locking and unlocking your ipad with the use of the smart cover? I cannot quite understand what you are asking here.

Make sure that you have the smart cover on correctly. We have found that some members were putting it on the wrong side of the iPad. Try that first.

Also, as mentioned--some knock off covers may not work properly to activate the lock/unlock switch.

Be sure to do this in settings:

Go to settings---General---ipad cover lock/unlock---turn on.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
T

Tom101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well both, it was working with the current cover which is on it, as in the lock/unlock by the cover itself. Also on the lock button itself to manually lock/unlock. When i press it nothing happens, but if you hold it down, then it will switch off like normal, and same again hold it down for a few seconds it will switch on again. Its jsut when i goto unlcok/lock manually by pressing/clicking the button. I am so bemused!

Tom

Most reactions

Latest posts