IPAD 2 Sleeve

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by RRnTexas, Jun 2, 2011.

1. RRnTexas

RRnTexas
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am looking for a sleeve case for Ipad 2. Ideally, the sleeve would provide some protection - like maybe some plastic embedded within the sleeve to protect the screen. I would just use the sleeve to protect Ipad while in briefcase while traveling as I prefer to use Ipad my Ipad naked.

So, any suggestions for a sleeve that meets above above specs or a site where I might browse for same?

Thanks in advance,

RR

2. wytey

wytey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I have a padded mini laptop sleeve for my dell mini laptop, fits the ipad perfectly, might be worth looking into something like that

3. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Check out the options at Need a case or bag for your laptop, tablet, mobile device, or gadget? We've got you covered - WaterField Design - Made in USA . Their products are relatively expensive, but if you ever deal with them and own any of their products, you'll know why.

I think you might be interested in the "smart case" or the "slip case."

4. Blueface

Blueface
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  5. jnewell

jnewell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  6. airhead

airhead
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I second SFBags; a little pricey but not outrageous; good quality; got the slip case (I think that's what it's called; the slimmest possible case; fits perfectly; snug but easy to remove; thin, light and the material won't scratch your precious. I don't use a screen protector or back protector; naked, as u say.

* late edit: they go out of their way to let u know that their products are made in San Francisco; nothing personal against the Chinese but I prefer to buy products made in the US; in particular, I want my money to support this particular company; their products are quality stuff and their customer service is excellent. Just my two cents...

#6 airhead, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  7. david rodriguez

david rodriguez
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a sleeve case that I used with my ipad2 case, it is call merkury innovations

8. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I use a handmade neoprene-padded iPad sleeve from Kimoleybags on etsy.com -- the customization was to allow the sleeve to accomodate the iPad inside its leather folio (slightly bigger dimensions).

9. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I've owned several of their bags over the years. In fact, I've had one of their Cargo bags for five years and about half a million miles of travel. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has ever gone wrong with it. It still looks as good as the day I bought it.

And as a former resident of the Bay Area I know how difficult it is for low and middle income folks to live in San Francisco. The fact that Waterfield Designs consciously tries to support their neighbors with a living wage in a very expensive city makes a difference to me, too.

P.S. I have a suspicion I'll be receiving one of their iPad Travel Express bags for Father's Day...Assuming, of course, that the hints I've been sharing with the family have worked.

10. lucyna

lucyna
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    IPAD 2 Sleeve is very cheap and very easy to find, I got one with $11.99