What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Rumoured to Have SD Slot But no USB Slot

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad2-SD-slot.JPG

Engadget has an exclusive story today in which they state that, according to very good sources, they have “concrete information†that the iPad 2 will have an SD card slot, and no USB slot, unlike some other reports this week that have stated that there will be a USB slot. Engadget also says that according to their sources, the large space seen at the bottom left of the rear of those iPad 2 cases we’ve seen lately from China, and the iPad 2 dummies that turned up at CES, is not for a larger speaker grill as first thought, but for the SD slot. Everything else that Engadget has learned from its sources appears to bear out what we already know about the iPad 2 – it will have two cameras, be “thinner†and “sleeker†but still 10-inches in size, and the release date will be in April.

Source: Exclusive: The future of the iPad 2, iPhone 5, and Apple TV, and why Apple is shifting its mobile line to Qualcomm chipsets -- Engadget

Plastic Trooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
concrete information

Is this still "Concrete"?
I am waiting on when to buy an iPad. Should it be iPad2 in the spring or iPad3 in the fall?
If it has a SD slot I can get the 2 with less mem.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it will have a SD slot that will eliminate the need for the camera connection kit.

But, the big question, how will it function?

Can I download files to it from the web browser? Can I load movies on it and play them? Can I save files from my apps onto it?

Or is it going to be in typical Apple iPad fashion and only certain apps can use it and only in simple ways (like viewing photos in the photo app)?

Most reactions

Latest posts