What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 model?

SusiBiker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Only bought iPad 1 64GB 3G six months ago and quite sad for the loss of VLC and no Flash support. Was going to buy an iPad 2 until sense told me that my iPad 1 still works superbly and that there are some interesting Android 3 beasts coming out in the next year.
Before everyone screams abuse at me, my idea is to wait until Android has sharpened up Apple's ideas pencil, as at the moment the iPad reigns supreme.
Once there is some competition, the iPad 3 is just gonna be awesome all over again!
Long live Apple! Long live the iPad! Long live Thunderbolt! May all the three come together and kick long load times over USB into touch...!

Er, excuse me. iPad 2, no. iPad 3, where do I order now?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
SusiBiker said:
Nope. Only bought iPad 1 64GB 3G six months ago and quite sad for the loss of VLC and no Flash support. Was going to buy an iPad 2 until sense told me that my iPad 1 still works superbly and that there are some interesting Android 3 beasts coming out in the next year.
Before everyone screams abuse at me, my idea is to wait until Android has sharpened up Apple's ideas pencil, as at the moment the iPad reigns supreme.
Once there is some competition, the iPad 3 is just gonna be awesome all over again!
Long live Apple! Long live the iPad! Long live Thunderbolt! May all the three come together and kick long load times over USB into touch...!

Er, excuse me. iPad 2, no. iPad 3, where do I order now?

ISwifter - free flash browser

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NBefore everyone screams abuse at me, my idea is to wait until Android has sharpened up Apple's ideas pencil, as at the moment the iPad reigns supreme.

Looking at how little headway Apple's competitors have made in the tablet space after one year and counting, it does appear that Apple is still leading in terms of innovation, rather than the other way around.

To me, comparing the relative merits of Android vs iOS is just one (small) component of the overall battle for the market, as the majority of iPad buyers neither know or care ("it's just an operating system"). It's the ease-of-use and fun factor and coolness about the iPad which has made it so successful, and any device which wants to elbow in on the market share needs to be able to compete in that space.

Spydie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Looking at how little headway Apple's competitors have made in the tablet space after one year and counting, it does appear that Apple is still leading in terms of innovation, rather than the other way around.

To me, comparing the relative merits of Android vs iOS is just one (small) component of the overall battle for the market, as the majority of iPad buyers neither know or care ("it's just an operating system"). It's the ease-of-use and fun factor and coolness about the iPad which has made it so successful, and any device which wants to elbow in on the market share needs to be able to compete in that space.

Just bought the ipad2 after " kinda" wanting one for the last 9 months. I own two intel iMacs and first gen iPod touch. Tried the iPhone but lacked too many things I wanted. Went to android and it's usability blows iPhone away. Was waiting for android tab, but it's starting to look like there is not enough support from google or developers. They don't seem to want to break away from the excellent phone. in my opinion, it will be a couple more years before android tabs will be competitive with iPad. Decided I wanted a really useable tab now with lots of apps. So far I like it, but because it's crippled like all apple mobile devices, I'll get an android tab as soon as they catch up. I did solve the problem of not being able to play wmv files in my emails. That helped to uncripple it some. Now if it just had a USB port, better camera(s), a better keyboard (I hate having to switch to the number view to use basic punctuation), an app drawer like android so I don't have to have all my apps on the home screens, ways to customize home screens, a "back" button, widgets etc,etc...hey, I just described an android!

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a black 64GB w/3G for me and a white 64GB w/3G for DH online within the first 10 minutes of online sales. DH's arrived today and mine is somewhere over the Pacific Ocean (sigh...). Like others on here, we only intend to use the 3G when we really need it. We are not signing up for it right away. We got the higher storage because I store a lot of images and DH stores a lot of video.

Mztruth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the IPad 2 32g 3G Verizon and I am actually disappointed in Verizon. Their Internet starts at $20 and goes up to $80 while AT&T is $25 for unlimited. Wish I had known this before i purchased this. I assumed they would be the same.

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a black iPad 2 16Gb AT&T the day after it was released, chuffed to bits with it got the last one in store that wasnt a verizon model and now looking at the data packages i think i got lucky

Most reactions

Latest posts