What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 locked in loading cycle

ZopfWare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ipad2 JB ios 5.0.1 Yesterday I went to respring and it just hung, so I powered off via home and pwr buttons. When it reboots it will go to the lock screen and show me the password entry box, but about 2 seconds afterwards it goes black and shows the loading icon (not spinning) and just stays there. If you leave it like that it will chirp every 2 minutes (that connected chirp). I did manage to enter my password real quick one time and it started to show me the springboard with all my apps and then went back to the loading thing.

I can't restore to 5.0.1, nor can i restore from a backup because it says i have a passcode lock. How can I fix this?

Any help is appreciated.

btw, i think it is something to do with a winterboard lock theme.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Locked and loaded,kinda cool!Run the jailbreak again.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Running the jailbreak again is not great advice :(

The lockscreen theme is undoubtedly not iPad / IOS 5 compatible. You need to be really careful when installing those!

You really need to get into SafeMode now and remove that theme using Cydia. You can do that using SBSettings or SSH - Try here for guidance - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

Also, I'll move the thread out of the tutorials section and into the main Hacking area.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts