1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

I need some help JB ipad 2 no 3g

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by moooboy, May 1, 2012.

1. moooboy

moooboy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My ipad 2 3g 32gb is JB on 5.0.1. This is the second time my ipad wont get off of edge, no 3g no matter where i am. Last time i had to restore and get att to give me a new sim.but 5.0.1 was still out then. I went in today and got a new sim( didnt restore, didnt want to lose my JB) i got tons of work docs in ifile and dont want to lose them all again.the sim didnt work. My SHSH's are saved. What do i do? I was told to take it to apple, ill have to restore to the latest software if i do and lose my jb. Aybe the update will fix the problem, but once again i lose my JB
    help!
    thanks
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    3G capabilities can be toggled on and off using SBSettings. You aren't doing this by accident are you? If not, because you don't have it installed, get it installed and try toggling 3G off then back on.

Also, in my experience, any time I've come across this before, it has been a carrier issue with masts in a particular area and not actually the iPad! Just my experience though.
  3. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I had this same problem with my iPhone 4 on Verizon. It would not go off of Verizon O - which is the equivalent of Edge, I'm sure. I went into Cydia and reinstalled "Mobile Substrate." That fixed me right up and haven't had a problem since. I suggest you do that first. I had to something more than just update it... seems now that I had to select "Clear" then install it again. Let us know.