What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 iOS7.4 No New History appears after Clearing History last week

Soling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cleared my History last week. Since then, none of my new visits appear in my History folder. There are no icons, tabs or options within my History folder to select to change anything. Just a blank folder. I went into Settings/Safari, but cannot figure out what to do to make my recent visits reappear in History. Please help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the tool bar at the top of Safari is a dark gray, instead of white, then you are in private browser mode. No history or cookies will be stored.

To toggle Privacy mode, open a new tab then tap the Privacy button at the bottom left of the screen.

OP
S

Soling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the tool bar at the top of Safari is a dark gray, instead of white, then you are in private browser mode. No history or cookies will be stored.

To toggle Privacy mode, open a new tab then tap the Privacy button at the bottom left of the screen.

It worked! I must have been tapping buttons and turned Safari to private mode without evening knowing what I was doing. I suspected it, but didn't know where and how to change that. I am inept as far as computer is concerned :). Appreciate your taking the time to help. Thank you!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Glad to help.

The private browsing mode used to be in Safari's settings, where you looked. It was replaced with the new button in iOS 7; probably to make it easier to switch back and forth for those who use the feature.

OP
S

Soling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem. Glad to help.

The private browsing mode used to be in Safari's settings, where you looked. It was replaced with the new button in iOS 7; probably to make it easier to switch back and forth for those who use the feature.

Thanks for the added explanation. I feel better. I am still trying to get used to the iOS7, having barely learned the very basic features of the older version.

Most reactions

Latest posts