What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2, iOS 5 and Mirroring, Full Screen?

benna12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone aware of a way to have the new mirroring function through iOS 5 for the iPad show up full screen on my TV through Apple TV? I tried out the Hulu Plus app, but it is showing up in a "boxed" look on the screen with black borders on the edges.

Thanks in advance.
- Ben

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surprised to see the new mirroring screen when it appeared.

Let's hope it wont take Apple 6 months for another update to correct this.
Mirroring should also be able to turn the iPad screen black while watching a movie (to save battery if not plugged into the charger) Maybe it does, but I did not see that feature.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ran Thor and it still looks exactly the same on my TV as it did before the update.....so maybe the apps you are using need updating rather than it being a problem at Apple's end.

Also, the screen on my iPad still goes black when playing a movie.

The Archangel

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. My first attempt at watching a movie after the iOS5 update was through a hotel TV and it appeared the screen on the TV was set on a small aspect ratio. I'm still in the hotel and finally found a setting on the remote to change it and now I have full screen again. Thanks for pointing that out as I had attributed the smaller screen size to the new OS.

Note: I went back up to my orginal post and altered it so as not to mess up someone who found it by a search as it was incorrect info.

Last edited:

davidlones365

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of you don't seem to understand the concept of "mirroring". The point of it is to literally just present a duplicate of the screen, nothing more. If you want more from a specific app, complain to the apps developer to take advantage airplay.

Most reactions

Latest posts