What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDMI Cable

owenmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guy's does anybody use the HDMI adapter, I got one today expecting to see iPad mirrored to my tv but it does not show full size, is it something I am doing or do we settle for box in middle of screen.

Thanks for help I have already received via this great forum..

Owen

Reaction score
By it does not show full size, you mean it mirrors the screen, just doesn't take up the whole TV screen?

The iPad screen is 4:3, so all apps use that ratio, when you mirror the screen to a TV, the apps are still shown in 4:3 ratio, even though many TV's use a 16:10 ratio, thus leading to black strips at the left and right side.

Some apps, such as Videos can output videos in widescreen format and some upcoming games are also supposed to include that, but for now it is perfectly normal for the mirrored picture to be 'boxy'.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my TV I just hit zoom a couple times and it fills the screen. Most newer TVs allow you to adjust the screen from full, wide, cinema, fill, or whatever.

OP
O

owenmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tnx guys so I should keep cable then, I'm brand new to iPad in fact brand new to apple so I hope I don't annoy you all with questions. Before I post I do a quick search.

Tnx guys

Owen

tonidale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering... How hard would it be to have the Ipad mirroring done through Wifi? I dont know if that would ever be possible. But it just seems weird with all the technology these days we have to use a big cable to do this...:confused::)

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the Apple TV box you are supposed to be able to do that with all your video content. But I haven't seen anything about all apps yet. I'm sure that it will happen for the jailbreak community first! Thanks Steve for slowing us down!

Most reactions

Latest posts